Week 8 Part B: Your Instagram Hashtag Use

The primary hashtags that I used on my posts were #craftbeer, #sdbeer, and #brewery. I also used other hashtags that were specific to the individual post such as #drinklocal, #thirstythursday, and #sundayfunday. I found the primary hashtags that I used by researching local craft breweries and seeing which posts attracted the most followers. I used hashtags that were specific to my business but also used generic hashtags to attract followers that were outside of my target audience. I added my first post on Tuesday, 3/23 around 5 pm. My second post was on Thursday, 3/25 close to 9 pm. My third and last post was on Sunday, 3/27 at 10 am. It seemed like Sunday was the most effective day to post. It could be that it is the weekend and more people are engaged in their social media or it could just be the time of day. My post on Thursday received the least amount of attention out of the three. I think the time of day was too late to try and attract followers. I learned that hashtags play a key role in attracting followers to your page. The more you post, the easier it will be to gain followers. But even if you are posting every day, you need to think about whether it is going to be more beneficial to post in the morning, afternoon, or evening. From my experience, I think the best times to post are in the evenings during the week and in the morning on the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

Week 1A: First Blog Entry

Week 2 Part B: Business Research