Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts, and Webinars

Adding a personal touch to a blog for a business is a great way to increase human connection with your customers. When it comes to a blog being personal, there has to be some personality involved in the posts to create a connection with the reader. Especially, if the person writing the blog is the face of the brand. The person writing the blog, for themselves or for another company, must take into consideration the amount of personal interest they wish to involve in the post. Although it may work for some businesses, it isn't the right call for every business out there. Some businesses don't have distinct personalities within the business to maintain a uniform front, so it wouldn't make sense to share personal details and stories. For my business, I believe that adding a personal touch would help positively with my target audience. Beer brings people together, whether it makes you happier, friendlier, or less inhibited. Beer plays a key role in social bonding. With everything that has been going on this past year, we could all use a little more social bonding. I must be able to create a connection with my consumers that will allow them to relate with me. This will allow my consumers to open up to me and allow a connection with who I am as a person and not just who I am as a distributor.

Comments

  1. Business owners tend to be passionate about their products and work hard to become experts. You seem to know a lot about brewing and drinking and should definitely use that personal experience to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anthony,

    I definitely think your business especially is right for personal touch and for personal connection. But in general I feel like business owners in general are more personal with customers because like John said above they are more passionate about what they produce. And it seems with your kind of business it's something your passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you that certain business or industry should not add personal touch, it all depends on the industry and how that is perceived by their target audiences. However, I do think that the customers of the brewing industry seem to like a personal connection with the companies the purchase their beer from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same as you that personality is required to build the relationship with customers. Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts, and Webinars posts should be always friendly and positive for audiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

Week 1A: First Blog Entry

Week 11 Part A: Using Twitter, LinkedIn or Social Influencers