Week 14 Part B: What We Learn From Facebook Analytics

When using Facebook for business, you need to take an approach that ties your social media efforts to your real business goals. Facebook Analytics is a comprehensive tool that allows you to visualize your entire sales funnel, understand the lifetime value of users, and see how your organic and paid strategies intersect. Not to mention, it is a completely free tool that only requires you to have a Facebook account.


After analyzing the information available through my Facebook insights from my business page I observed the following information:


From the past month, The Alibi Brewing Company’s page views have gone up by 13 views. My views have been pretty consistent throughout the month. On May 5th my views increased the most, which was by 5. I hope to keep increasing the number of views as the month continues.

 

My total number of page likes has gone up by 3 likes since the past month. This means when people view my page, they are also liking it. Not all viewers are liking it though which makes me think I might need to make some changes to my page. I would like to increase the number of page likes to match the number of page views. 

 

The total number of page followers for The Alibi Brewing Company has increased by 3 page followers in the past month. Again, it means that viewers are following my page after viewing it. But, not nearly as many as I would like. I would also like to get the number of page followers to match the number of page views.

 

My post reach has increased by 19 in the past month. However, my post engagement has only increased by 2. I am happy to see that my posts are reaching viewers, but I am disappointed that I am not engaging nearly as many viewers as I want to. Engagement is one of the most important metrics to track. It is a sign that tells me whether or not people actually like the content that I am sharing.

 

Overall, I think that my business page is doing good for just starting off. I am showing increases in all the data that is collected. However, I feel as if I have room for a lot of improvement. I am going to brainstorm what I can do to get my posts to not only attract viewers but get them to like the posts as well as follow my page. My goal for the upcoming month is to increase my post engagement to my post reach ratio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

Week 1A: First Blog Entry

Week 11 Part A: Using Twitter, LinkedIn or Social Influencers